Job descriptionJob Title: Primary Teacher – SEMH Behaviour Experienced
Location: Tyne & Wear
Daily Rate: £100 – £189
Nature of Employment: Supply/Permanent/Contractual
GSL Education are actively looking for candidates who have experience working with young people who have SEMH behavioural needs. We here at GSL have a great reputation in the area and are renowned for our professional and personable service. With more than 17 years of experience, we have a wealth of knowledge and connections that we will use to help find a placement that suits you. Our rates are highly competitive and we have day-day, long-term and permanent contracts available around your requirements.
The school setting is based in Newcastle and is easy to access by Car and Public transport. Current vacancies are looking for candidates to work full-time (8:30 AM - 4:30 PM Monday to Thursday / 3 PM on a Friday) in the Primary provision.
The potential candidate is needed to be an experienced Primary Practitioner having had substantial involvement dealing with young children possessing SEMH needs. Jobs may become permanent for the right candidates.
- Primary Teaching Qualification.
- A minimum of six months’ worth of ASD/SEMH experience.
- The ability to build rapport quickly and effectively.
- Flair for planning creative and effective lessons.
- The ability to direct a team of Support Assistants and work as part of a wider team across school if need be.
- Experienced in Challenging Behaviour Settings.
- Experienced in Health and Social Care Settings.
- 1:1 Support – if required.
- Dealing with Sensory Impairments and/or Sensory processing difficulties.
- Acknowledging complex health needs (e.g Epilepsy, respiratory problems, dysphagia and eating/drinking problems).
- Willingness to attend twilight CPD and parent’s evenings when required.
- DBS on the updated service; or be willing to have it renewed at their earliest.
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All our roles are subject to relevant checks and procedures. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools.
For further information on this role or to apply, please do not hesitate to contact Joshua at GSL Education.