Job descriptionMathematics Teacher
Start Date: Easter 2021
Contract: Until the end of Academic Year
GSL Education is currently seeking to appoint a driven and conscientious Mathematics Teacher to join one of our "GOOD" Secondary schools in Newham. This is a long term role until the end of Academic Year.
The Mathematics Teacher role is at a large, vibrant and thriving secondary school in Newham. The school offers unparalleled opportunities for staff development. All staff have access to excellent quality training, e.g. literacy programme supports staff with the teaching of academic vocabulary and extended writing to ensure staff become fluent and proficient writers and are prepared for the higher demands of the new GCSEs and A-Levels.
As such, the school is looking for a dynamic teacher who can teach Mathematics to kS3-5 students. You will be able to demonstrate an unwavering commitment to raising student progress and standards. Like the school, you believe that social disadvantage is no barrier to achievement and that every student can share in the joy of education. Most importantly, you will possess integrity, good humour and moral purpose.
Successful Mathematics Teacher will:
- Be a qualified Mathematics Teacher (ideally with PGCE, GTP, B'ed, Cert Ed, BA with QTS)
- Have a good honours degree or related.
- Have successful experience teaching Mathematics at KS3 - KS5.
- Have good general knowledge of the National Curriculum, assessment arrangements, and approaches, especially literacy assessment
- Be committed to raising the aspirations and achievement of all pupils and able to demonstrate effective strategies for doing so
- Be an excellent classroom teacher, comfortable as an exemplar to other staff, with a love for your subject and the ability to inspire and motivate students in all aspects of their learning so that they become effective, independent learners
- Have an ability to set out and communicate a coherent educational vision for the subject within the school
In return, the school can offer the following:
- A competitive salary with inner London weighting and pension scheme;
- A highly regarded middle & emergent leadership programme;
- A broad and wide-ranging staff development programme, delivered by outstanding experts;
- A central location with excellent transport links;
- Outstanding facilities and resources to support teaching and learning;
- A friendly and diverse student and staff community
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving Teachers across Greater London. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools.
For more information on the role, school, and how to apply, please contact Taryn at GSL Education on 02077392211.