Job descriptionLead Science Technician
Salary: Main Pay Scale or Upper Pay Scale
Start Date: April 19, 2021
GSL Education is currently seeking to appoint a driven and conscientious Lead Science Technician to join one of our "Outstanding" Secondary schools in Haringey.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward-thinking school with an established reputation for innovation and excellence. The school is looking for a dynamic and highly capable Lead Science Technician to join a popular and successful department. This post is offered as a permanent contract from the start of the Summer Term, 19th April 2021.
The role is at an all girls secondary school based in Haringey, London with high academic standards and innovative approach to the development of teaching and learning across the school. The Science outcomes are in line with national performance measures and have been for a number of years
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, able to coordinate and lead our science technician team, who will bring their excellent scientific knowledge and qualifications to support and develop our inventive and creative Science Faculty. The Lead Science Technician will oversee the management of resources and their distribution, have a strong understanding of Health and Safety and be able to support in the development and innovation of new processes to promote a passion for learning and discovery with students.
The successful Lead Science Technician will:
- Demonstrate recent experience as a Lead Science Technician within a Science department
- Have a degree within Physics, Chemistry or Biology
- Have previous experience of managing Science Technicians
- Have experience of working with children in a school setting
- Have knowledge of COSHH and ESCC regulations in relation to the safe handling and storage of chemicals
- Have knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
- Have knowledge of safe working practices in relation to the handling and use of hazardous equipment and tools
- Be an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who leads by example.
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills.
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving Teachers and Support Staffs across Greater London. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist in our client Schools.
We welcome applications from all Science Technicians who feel that they can add value to this school and who can prosper in a highly effective, fast-paced environment. Candidates wishing to apply are requested to forward a copy of their CV to our Education Consultant, Taryn, as soon as possible.