Job descriptionTitle: Level 3 SEN Teaching Assistant with Speech and Language knowledge
Start Date: May 2021
Contract: Temporary (Maternity Cover)
Are you an experienced and committed learning support/ sen teaching assistant?
GSL Education is looking for a dedicated individual to provide tailored classroom support to young pupils of one of our vibrant primary schools in Salford. You will be committed to making a positive difference to young people’s lives and in supporting and developing their learning. Your intervention will help enable an outstanding learning environment for the young people, providing the support they need to succeed.
The school aims to ensure every child reaches their potential within a safe, secure and inspiring environment. It caters towards 3-11 years old pupils and works hard to develop the values of the pupils' personal responsibility and social awareness.
Our teaching assistants’ duties can include:
- Working with small groups of pupils
- Helping pupils with their speech and language
- Providing intervention support
- 1:1 support for SEND and lower ability pupils
- NVQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant or equivalent
- Have excellent knowledge on speech and language strategies
- Have experience in general classroom support including 1 to 1 help for children with specific needs
- Are productive, resilient, can uphold high standards of school and get the best out of the pupils
- Experience of supporting children with special educational needs (SEN)
- The ability to maintain positive relationships with students, parents and staff
- Excellent rates of pay
- Direct links to local schools
- Dedicated Consultants who will cater for your employment needs
- Commitment to quality and safeguarding
- 24/7 support for interview and lesson observation preparation
Please contact Emma Bowen with your up to date CV to be considered for this exciting opportunity!