Job descriptionBehaviour Support Assistant
- Location: Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire
- Start date: April 2021 / May 2021
- Category: Primary/Secondary Behaviour
- Branch: Hull and Lincolnshire
GSL Education are keen to employ individuals who have a keen interest in working with young people with academic, behavioural, social and emotional difficulties. As a Behaviour Support Assistant you will be working either 1:1 or with small groups of students at inclusion units, Alternative Provisions or in the SEN department of a Secondary School. You will need to be able to work 3 - 5 days a week during school hours, but also flexible to attend meetings with outside agencies after school hours if required.
- To support the work of the school and develop an in-depth understanding of the work they do, in-line with their aims and ethos.
- To support children in their participation of a number of activity groups for children with special educational needs, mainly Social, Emotional and Mental Health issues.
- To aid in the implementation of 1:1 behavioural intervention programmes to children with Autism, other developmental delays, or Special Educational Needs.
- Observe, work with, and record students behaviour.
- To follow lesson plans and activities.
- Be committed to maintaining an excellent standard of educational support.
- To act professionally at all times.
Candidates must have a clean Child Only DBS that is registered to the Update Service, or the willingness to apply for one through GSL Education, and have relevant experience.
To apply, please call Kerry Fowler at GSL Education and send your CV via the application link. Alternatively, please visit www.gsleducation.com to apply online.