Job descriptionRole: Head of Science
Location: Merton, South London
Salary: £42,500 - £55,00 per annum
Start Date: September 2021
GSL Education is currently looking to appoint an exceptional Head of science for a permanent role for an outstanding secondary school in South London.
The school is seeking to appoint a Head of Science to work in partnership with the Headteacher, SLT and the Science Department to develop, shape and drive performance in Science, building on successes of the past through creative and dynamic strategies.
The successful candidate will:
- Have outstanding teaching, management and interpersonal skills with at least five years secondary teaching experience.
- Be an A Level Specialist in Chemistry, Biology or Physics specialist delivering all three Science to Key Stage 4 and the ability to deliver Biology or Physics to Key Stage 5.
- Be enthusiastic and able to inspire, challenge, motivate and manage a talented team of teachers.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge and understanding of strategies to raise and maintain high achievement and attainment.
- Be passionate and committed to improving teaching and learning across Key Stages 3 – 5.
- Have good interpersonal and presentational skills.
- Be forward thinking, inspirational, receptive to change and able to work under pressure
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic and creative team.
- A supportive environment in which your talent and commitment will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded.
- A superb opportunity to work in a flourishing school committed to delivering outstanding education.
For more information on the role, school and how to apply, please contact Ryan Jordan at GSL Education.