Job descriptionJob Title: Primary ASD Teacher – SEMH Experienced
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Daily Rate: £100 – £189
Nature of Employment: Long term
GSL Education are actively looking for motivated and enthusiastic Teachers having ASD experience within the Primary provision across Newcastle. With more than 17 years of experience, we have a wealth of knowledge and connections that we will use to help find a placement that suits you. Our rates are highly competitive and we have day-day, long-term and permanent contracts available around your requirements.
The prospective roles are suitable for Fully Qualified as well as Newly Qualified Teachers who are looking to complete their induction year. Jobs may become permanent for the right candidates.
Candidates are expected to be experienced Primary Practitioners with substantial ASD experience, willing to take on full teaching responsibilities including planning lessons, raising attainment, alongside communicating effectively with parents, carers, and other members of the staff. You will be teaching a Key Stage 2 aged class of varying abilities, so the ability to differentiate is crucial.
- Primary Teaching Qualification.
- ASD experience – minimum of 12 months.
- The ability to build rapport quickly and effectively.
- A flair for planning creative and effective lessons.
- The capacity to direct a team of Support Assistants as well as working as part of a wider team across school if/when it is needed.
- Strongly committed to pupil welfare.
- In possession of an enhanced DBS, or be willing to apply for one through GSL Education.
- Willingness to attend twilight CPD and parent’s evenings when required.
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All our roles are subject to relevant checks and procedures. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools.
For further information on this role or to apply, please do not hesitate to contact Sarah at GSL Education.