Job descriptionRole: Cover Supervisors
Salary: £60 - £75 per day
GSL Education is currently looking to appoint several experienced Cover Supervisors for some of our client schools in Haringey and Hackney
We are looking for Cover Supervisors to cover day to day supplies and Short term vacancies. The right candidates might get permanent/longterm offers as well.
The role of a cover supervisor, in essence, is to cover classes in the absence of the usual teacher. You will be allocated a timetable for the day which lists each class/subject you will be supervising for the day. We are looking for candidates who are dynamic and can engage with young people in order to ensure they behave and focus on the work that has been set for them to do.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Delivering pre-planned lessons independently during the class teacher’s absence
- Ensuring that the children are always in a safe learning environment
- Providing 1:1 and small group support within the classroom
- Ensuring pupils are learning and developing
- Managing any behavioural issues within the classroom
- Being flexible and adaptable
- Graduates who want to work in education
For more information on the role or any similar, upcoming roles, please contact Aum Mody at GSL Education on 020 7739 221