Job descriptionRole: SEN TA (Primary)
Salary: £60 - £75 per day
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Temp to Perm
Are you an experienced SEN TA who has worked with a range of needs? Or a Support Worker looking to get started within the sector?
Are you passionate about making a difference and working with special needs children?
GSL Education is currently looking for a number of SEN TAs for some of our client schools in Hackney and Haringey. The schools are looking for someone who are capable of handling challenging behaviour and is looking to make a difference in the lives of their students.
The schools cater for children and young people with special education needs. The ideal candidate should have experience in dealing with children with SEMH, PMLD, personal care (bonus), and behaviour would be great.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the class teacher with planning, monitoring and delivering creative lessons
- Acting as a positive role model and managing behaviour
- Providing 1:1 and small group with various subjects and behaviour interventions.
- Ensuring a safe learning environment and approaching education with a child-centered approach.
- Support pupils to make good academic progress, under the direction of the teacher
- Set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence
- Under the direction of a teacher implement group or 1:1 intervention to support pupils who have emotional or social barriers to learning
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher
- A hard-working, energetic and flexible nature
- Clear communication skills
- A calm, understanding and consistent approach to working with children
- Knowledge of Autism, Behaviour, SEMH, ADHD and Challenging Behaviour
Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools.
For more information on the role, school and how to apply, please contact Aum Mody at GSL Education on 02077392211