Job descriptionYear 6 Teacher required (Full Time)
Main Pay Scale
GSL Education are working with large Primary School in Manchester who are looking to add to their KS2 team. This role is for a Year 6 Class Teacher to work full time. This double form entry Primary School is a highly successful and popular school situated in Manchester. It is one that bases its success on providing learning in an environment where children feel safe, respected, and cared for. Every achievement, no matter how big or small is celebrated by all.
The school are looking for a Year 6 teacher to work alongside another Year 6 Teacher, so that you may collectively plan and assess, you will also have access to 2 Teaching Assistants in class to support you in your role.
· To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of your subjects within KS2 and especially for Year 6
· To plan lessons and activities directly aimed at year 6 to meet pupils individual learning needs
· To use a range of appropriate strategies and follow school policies for teaching, behaviour management and classroom management
· To assess, monitor and record the progress of pupils in your teaching and give them clear and constructive feedback
· To report to parents and colleagues on progress and curriculum
· Guide year 6 pupils in the development of curiosity and knowledge
· Preparing and delivering interventions with SATS in mind
· Experience as year 6 teacher is essential
· Able to demonstrate a good understanding of Numeracy and English and to be able to model the language clearly
· Be able to maintain and develop relationships with parents and the wider community
· QTS is desirable, however other relevant teaching qualifications will be considered
Interviews and trials are taking place right now, with a view to commencing the role immediately.
To apply for the role, you will:
· Hold a full and valid DBS registered with the update service, or be prepared to apply for a new one
· Be able to provide references (Work or University based) covering the last two years To apply for the role please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0161 537 6500 for more details.
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All our roles are subject to the relevant checks and procedures