Job descriptionFollowing the recent announcement, we are current looking for 5 Covid-19 Test Assistants to support a Secondary Academy in Scunthorpe.
Under the guidance, staff and pupils will be tested weekly – hence we are preparing to fill numerous new positions to support testing sites in schools that are both safe and robust starting from Monday, 8th March 2021.
This is an opportunity to work full-time between Monday and Friday (approx. 0800 - 1530) at local schools on an ongoing basis. PPE and training will be provided by the school.
We will be looking for candidates to perform the following roles:
- Team Leader- Responsible for the overall on-site operations at the test site, including day-to-day workforce management
- Test Assistant- Provides guidance and supervision on self-testing protocols - collects samples and passes them to processing operatives
- Processing Operative- Prepares test samples for analysis, conducts processing and interprets results
- Registration Assistant– greeting subjects, ensuring orderly entry of subjects onto the testing site. Responsible for ensuring subjects have registered and distributing test kits on arrival.
- Results Recorder- Collates results from processing operatives and sharing with the national programme
Ideally you will:
- Have a full clean driving licence, have access to a vehicle and be prepared to travel between locations (not essential)
- Have strong customer service skills and be able to communicate effectively with both children and adults
- Have strong organisational and administrative skills
- Be immediately available to start work
- Have a Child Workforce DBS registered on the Update Service
GSL offers equal opportunities to applicants from all members of the community. If you would like to seize this opportunity to do your part in the fight against COVID please send your CV to us ASAP!