Salary: £160 to £200 per day
Start date: Easter 2021/September 2021
Contract Type: Temp to Perm
Location: South East London
Are you an experienced SENCo who has worked with a range of needs and looking to get started within the sector?
Are you passionate about making a difference and working with special needs children?
GSL Education is currently looking for SEN Coordinators for a number of our client Special Need Education schools in Lambeth and Southwark. The schools are looking for experienced SEN Coordinators who are capable of handling challenging behaviour and is looking to make a difference in the lives of their students.
The schools cater for children and young people with special education needs. The ideal candidate should have experience in dealing with children with SEMH, PMLD, personal care (bonus), and behaviour would be great.
SENCO Main Duties/Responsibilities:
- To keep a profile of children with special educational needs
- To observe and support children as appropriate on the special educational needs profile
- To arrange, organise and review support for individual children
- To keep Key Workers and Learning Support Assistants up to date with SEN
- To write detailed education reports about individual children for other professionals
- To support and advise Key Workers and Learning Support Assistants in how to include children's needs in the setting
- To meet with parents regularly in order to maintain good relationships and to keep parents informed about their child's development
- To review statements via annual and interim review meetings
- To analyse data effectively to identify and track the progress of individual and groups of SEND pupils and use this data to inform the delivery of highly effective strategies which enable them to improve strongly
- To be proactive in maintaining the ethos of the school
- Sound and solid SEN knowledge
- Must hold a SENCo qualification
- UK Experience
What we can offer:
- Excellent pay rates to match your scale & current market rate
- A dedicated consultant to offer you full ongoing support in your new role
- Regular job reviews to ensure you are completely happy with your new role, team & environment
- On-going career support & advice
- Continual knowledge on the ever-changing education sector