Job descriptionTeaching Assistant - Autism
Contract Type- Permanent/ Long Term for the right candidate
Are you an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant with a clear passion for working with children with SEN? If so, then we would like to hear more about you!
GSL Education is currently looking for a passionate and experienced SEN Teaching Assistant to work within one of our partner schools located in Leicester. The school is looking for a dedicated SEN teaching assistant that is able to support a child with autism and complex needs. You will be providing 1:1 support to a pupil with ASD, with a specific focus on their reading and general academic progression. You will also be supporting the pupil outside of the classroom, during break and some of lunch. This role is a brilliant opportunity for someone to work in a long-term position and join a supportive team who are invested in your development.
- Experience delivering specialist interventions with autistic children and/or children with speech & language difficulties
- Exceptional communicators and strong team-players
- Able to fit in well with the supportive staff-team at the school
- A pro-active and enthusiastic teaching assistant who can bring to the post lots of ideas and a passion for working with SEN children
- Previous experience working with autism is essential for this role
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- The desire and motivation to meet the challenge of working with children with SEN
- Ability to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
- A welcoming, vibrant and inclusive school community
- Dedicated and passionate support staff
- Excellent career development opportunities
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
Interested applicants are requested to drop their CV’s to our primary consultant Judith Barker ASAP!