Job descriptionEnglish Teacher
Location: Tower Hamlets
Start Date: September 2021
GSL Education is currently seeking to appoint a driven and conscientious an English Teacher to join at one of our "Outstanding" Secondary schools in Tower Hamlets.
The school is looking for an English Teacher to join them from September 2021. It is a full time and permanent vacancy.
The English Teacher role is at a large, vibrant and thriving secondary school in the centre of London, Tower Hamlets. The school offers unparalleled opportunities for staff development. All staff have access to excellent quality training, e.g. literacy programme supports staff with the teaching of academic vocabulary and extended writing to ensure staff become fluent and proficient writers and are prepared for the higher demands of the new GCSEs and A-Levels.
Due to the expansion of the English faculty, the school is looking for a passionate teacher of English who can teach KS3-5 English. The English faculty has a strong record of accomplishment in delivering excellent outcomes across KS4 and KS5. The school is seeking to appoint an exceptional teacher of English to join the school on its journey to be an exceptional school.
As such, the school is looking for a dynamic teacher who can teach English to kS3-5 students. You will be able to demonstrate an unwavering commitment to raising student progress and standards. Like the school, you believe that social disadvantage is no barrier to achievement and that every student can share in the joy of education. Most importantly, you will possess integrity, good humour and moral purpose.
Successful English Teacher will:
- Be a qualified English Teacher (ideally with PGCE, GTP, B'ed, Cert Ed, BA with QTS)
- Have a good honours degree
- Have successful experience teaching English at KS3 - KS5.
- Have good general knowledge of the National Curriculum, assessment arrangements, and approaches, especially literacy assessment
- Be committed to raising the aspirations and achievement of all pupils and able to demonstrate effective strategies for doing so
- Be an excellent classroom teacher, comfortable as an exemplar to other staff, with a love for your subject and the ability to inspire and motivate students in all aspects of their learning so that they become effective, independent learners
- Have an ability to set out and communicate a coherent educational vision for the subject within the school
In return, The school can offer the following:
- A competitive salary with inner London weighting and pension scheme;
- A highly regarded middle & emergent leadership programme;
- A broad and wide-ranging staff development programme, delivered by outstanding experts;
- A central location with excellent transport links;
- Outstanding facilities and resources to support teaching and learning;
- A friendly and diverse student and staff community;
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving Teachers across Greater London. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools.
For more information on the role, school, and how to apply, please contact Taryn at GSL Education on 02077392211.