Job descriptionMaths Teacher
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: £120 - £180/day
Start Date: Immediate/April/September 2021
Contract: Long Term/Permanent
GSL Education is currently seeking to appoint a driven and conscientious Maths teacher (KS3-5) to work within Secondary Schools and alternative provisions across Newcastle.
We here at GSL have a great reputation in the area and are renowned for our professional and personable service. With more than 17 years of experience, we have a wealth of knowledge and connections that we will use to help find a placement that suits you. Our rates are highly competitive, and we have day-day, long-term and permanent contracts available around your requirements.
As such, we are looking for a dynamic teacher who can teach Maths to kS3 - KS5 students. This will involve setting and articulating high expectations for students; planning; teaching effectively using appropriate resourcing to challenge and engage all learners.
Candidates will be expected to take on full teaching responsibilities including planning lessons, raising attainment, alongside communicating effectively with parents, carers, and other members of the staff.
The Successful Maths Teacher will:
- Be a qualified Maths Teacher (ideally with PGCE, GTP, B'ed, Cert Ed, BA with QTS)
- Have successful experience of teaching Maths at KS3 - KS5 level.
- Have a proven track record of raising attainment at GCSE level
- Have good general knowledge of the National Curriculum, assessment arrangements, and approaches, especially literacy assessment
- Be committed to raising the aspirations and achievement of all pupils and able to demonstrate effective strategies for doing so
- Be strongly committed to pupil welfare
- Be an excellent classroom teacher, comfortable as an exemplar to other staff, with a love for your subject and the ability to inspire and motivate students in all aspects of their learning so that they become effective, independent learners
- Have an ability to set out and communicate a coherent educational vision for the subject within the school
- Be in possession of an enhanced DBS or be willing to apply for one through GSL Education.
- Have the willingness to attend twilight CPD and parent’s evenings when required.
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All our roles are subject to relevant checks and procedures. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools.
For further information on this role or to apply, please do not hesitate to contact Sarah at GSL Education.