SEN Teaching Assistant - Secondary
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Long Term/ Permanent for the right candidate
Salary: £60 - £80 per day
Location: City Of Winchester
Would you like the opportunity to gain some invaluable classroom experience within a Good Secondary School as a SEN Teaching Assistant?
Do you want to make a difference and help some of the most creative and dynamic young people in Hampshire?
Do you have experience in Team Teach, MAKATON and PECs?
Our Partner School is popular all age special school for children aged 4-16 years. Ofsted has judged the school as ‘good’. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The School is looking for staff who share our passion for learning and have a philosophy that all pupils deserve the best and are committed to giving their best. The school has excellent facilities that will better meet the needs of our pupils and enhance their education. We offer a comprehensive Induction for all new staff and have excellent professional development opportunities for all.
- Experience delivering specialist interventions with autistic pupils
- Exceptional communicators and strong team-players
- Team Teach, Makaton, PECs trained
- Able to fit in well with the supportive staff-team at the school
- A pro-active and enthusiastic teaching assistant who can bring to the post lots of ideas and a passion for working with SEN students
- Previous experience working with autism is essential for this role
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- The desire and motivation to meet the challenge of working with children with Special Needs (SEN)
- Ability to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
GSL Education offers:
- Excellent rates of pay.
- Direct links to local schools.
- Dedicated Consultants who will cater for your employment needs.
- Commitment to quality and safeguarding.
- 24/7 support for interview and lesson observation preparation.
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All candidates will be subject to strict recruitment and vetting processes and required to have an enhanced DBS check (unless you already have a valid DBS registered on the update service).
If you are passionate about quality teaching and interested in experiencing the flexibility of the supply world, please send your updated CV to our Education Consultant, Atique Alam, as soon as possible.