Job descriptionJob Title: Secondary Teacher – Mathematics
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Daily Rate: £95 – £165
Nature of Employment: Supply
GSL Education are actively looking for candidates who have experience teaching Mathematics to secondary students. With more than 17 years of experience, we have a wealth of knowledge and connections that we will use to help find a placement that suits you. Our rates are highly competitive and we have day-day, long-term and permanent contracts available around your requirements.
The role will be looking to offer young people an engaging syllabus for Mathematics. The prospective positions are suitable for Fully Qualified as well as Newly Qualified Teachers who are looking to complete their induction year. Jobs may become permanent for the right candidates.
If selected, you will be expected to plan as well as mark papers. You must also be willing to inspire and promote a love of learning, even in the most challenging of situations.
- A degree in Science with a relevant UK teaching qualification; namely a PGCE in Secondary Mathematics with QTS
- Foreign qualified instructors assessed by NARIC are welcome to apply.
- Relevant teaching experience in a school setting for Years 9 to 12 is required.
- Up to date in their field of expertise with the capability to foster curiosity and interest for the subject.
- Strongly committed to pupil welfare.
- Robust command of the curriculum and good behaviour management skills; able to meet deadlines.
- In possession of an enhanced DBS or willing to apply for one through GSL Education.
- Willingness to attend twilight CPD and parent’s evenings when required.
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All our roles are subject to relevant checks and procedures. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools.
For further information on this role or to apply, please do not hesitate to contact Sarah at GSL Education.