Job descriptionASD Support assistants – Secondary and Post 16
- Can you cater for the personal welfare and educational needs of young people with additional needs?
- Are you a reliable Teaching Assistant with experience supporting in ASD settings ?
- Are you ambitious, pro-active, resilient and kind
- Are you looking for long-term work ?
We are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistants to join an amazing Autism – specialist setting close to Newcastle city centre.You will need to be familiar in supporting learners who have ASD , preferably secondary and post 16 age groups.
Working as part of a classroom team tou will assist in the delivery of a wide-range of academic and activity – based sessions
The ability to assist in the delivery of pre-set work with patience is a must. The role requires a degree of record keeping so organisational skills are essential
The school has a fantastic ethos and is a friendly and supportive work place. There will be the opportunity to attend school CPD sessions
Ideally you will have
- NVQ Level 2 or GCSE Equivalent in Maths and English.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of a similar role in an education setting.
- Transferable skills of working with adults or children that need support.
- Enjoy working with children; works well as part of a team and has a good sense of humour!
- In possession of an enhanced DBS or willing to apply for one through GSL Education.
GSL Education offers:
- Excellent rates of pay.
- Direct links to local schools.
- Dedicated Consultants who will support your employment needs.
- Commitment to quality and safeguarding.