Job descriptionJob Title: KS-1 Primary Teacher – SEN Experienced
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Daily Rate: £90 – £150
Nature of Employment: Long Term
GSL Education are actively looking for motivated Primary KS-1 teachers experienced with having worked in SEN environments.
The potential candidate is needed to be an experienced Primary Practitioner having had substantial involvement dealing with young children possessing SEMH needs. The candidate will be teaching a KS-1 aged class of varying abilities, so the ability to differentiate is essential.
NQTs are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Primary Teaching Qualification.
- The ability to build rapport quickly and effectively.
- A flair for planning creative and effective lessons.
- The ability to direct a team of Support Assistants and work as part of a wider team across school if need be.
- Challenging Behaviour Settings.
- Health and Social Care Settings.
- 1:1 Support – if required.
- Dealing with Sensory Impairments and/or Sensory processing difficulties.
- Acknowledging complex health needs (e.g Epilepsy, respiratory problems, dysphagia and eating/drinking problems).
- Willingness to attend twilight CPD and parent’s evenings when required.
- DBS on the updated service; or be willing to have it renewed at their earliest.
For further information on this role or to apply, please do not hesitate to contact Sarah at GSL Education.