Job descriptionRole: Behaviour Mentor
Salary: £65-£80 per day
Start Date: Immediately
Contract: Temporary to Permanent
Are you a recent graduate with a knowledge of Special Educational Needs?
Are you looking for a new role where you can support pupils with additional special educational needs?
GSL Education is currently looking for a Behaviour Support Assistant on behalf of a vibrant school in Leicester. The role is due to begin in Easter and will potentially be permanent for the right candidate.
The school is looking for someone who has experience working with individuals and small groups of children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. Due to the students having SEMH (and additional challenging behaviour), this role would suit someone who is able to build a strong rapport with young people and children. You must be resilient, calm and able to de-escalate a potentially volatile situation ensuring all pupils and members of staff are safe and able to learn and develop their skills. You will be working with pupils on a 1:1 basis and at times, within small groups as well.
Ideal candidates will:
· Have previous experience working as a Behaviour Mentor.
· Improve the behaviour and wellbeing of individual pupils.
· Support pupils who are experiencing learning difficulties.
· Be able to establish meaningful positive relationships quickly.
· Support pupils inside and outside of the classroom.
· Help pupils to increase their confidence and self-esteem by listening to them and devising appropriate strategies.
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving teachers across Leicestershire. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at various schools.
For more information on the role, school and how to apply, please contact Judith Barker at GSL Education.