Job descriptionJob Title: SEND Learning Support Assistant
Location: West Kent
Salary: from £ 65 - £ 85 per day
Contract: Day-to-day, short-term and long-term, potentially Permanent
GSL Education are actively looking to hire a Learning Support Assistant who have experience working with young people with Special Educational needs and Disabilities ranging from autism, dyslexia, dyspraxia, additional educational needs, for our client schools located in West Kent.
The potential candidate will work closely with a team of professional peers to provide tailored and specific support for young people who have additional requirements in either academic or communicative development. A large part of this role is relationship and stability building for the young person.
The deserving candidate must have:
- Experienced or associated with Autism / ASC / Makaton / PECS / ADHD / TEAM TEACH / MAPPA / NAPPI / NEAS (North East Autism Society) / 1:1 Tutor / PMLD / Speech & Language / Intervention / Nudge Education is preferable.
- Providing 1:1 behaviour support to a primary pupil with extremely challenging behaviour.
- The ability to build rapport quickly and effectively.
- A flair for planning creative and effective lessons.
- Willingness to attend twilight CPD and parent’s evenings when required.
- Managing and implementing appropriate structures for SEN children.
- Acting like a positive role model and providing nurture support.
GSL Education offers:
- Excellent rates of pay.
- Direct links to local schools.
- Dedicated Consultants who will support your employment needs.
- Commitment to quality and safeguarding.
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving teachers across Kent.
If you would like to express an interest in this position, then please send your CV to Jackie at GSL Education. Or to find out more information about upcoming roles, please contact the Kent Office on 01227 937181.