Teacher of Resistant Materials/Design Technology
Location - Slough
Start - As soon as possible
We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic - Resistant Materials teacher who is QTS accredited and able to deliver engaging Resistant Materials lessons to KS3 and the GCSE Resistant Materials course to KS4. A suitable candidate will be knowledgeable in manipulating timbers, boards, and plastics, using hand tools and machinery.
The successful candidate should be able to adapt and plan lessons effectively to accommodate the variety of educational needs in the center.
They should also demonstrate excellent behaviour management skills, creative and flexible teaching, and a desire to ensure that all of our young learners achieve the most successful outcomes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To deliver and teach relevant Resistant Materials / Design Technology lesson plans to students, providing a high-quality education always
- To ensure the needs of the school are met with proficiency and professionalism
- Marking and assessing all students work
- Manage the classroom behaviour, following the Safeguarding Policy and the Behavioural Policy, set out by the school
- Ensure you are up to date with the National Curriculum and any other developments that affect your specialist subject
- QTS or the equivalent UK recognised teaching qualification
- Previous experience teaching Design Technology in the UK
- Ability to communicate effectively and build positive relationships
- Strong classroom management and behavioural management
- Ability to work on a full-time basis and to commit to a full school term
Candidates wishing to apply are requested to contact Safirul at GSL Education as soon as possible.