Job descriptionTeacher of English - Selby
GSL Education Hull is actively seeking a Teacher of English to work on a flexible basis at partnership Schools in Selby and surrounding areas. You should be able to deliver English Language and Literature to GCSE standard, including lower ability and higher ability students. If you can teach to A-Level, this would advantageous, however not essential. As this is on a supply basis, you will be offered the opportunity to teach in Secondary Schools, alternative provisions and pupil referral units.
As the Ideal Candidate Teacher of English, you should:
- Hold UK QTS through completing a BA/BSc Honours with QTS, a PGCE, or through a teaching programme such as SCITT, IIT or GTP
- Have recent experience teaching in a classroom environment under the new GCSE marking scheme
- Be able to differentiate accordingly for Special Educational Needs such as Learning Difficulties, Autism and SEMH
- Be able to provide a 6 year career history with relevant reference details, including your 2 most recent employers
- Have a Child Only DBS registered to the update service, or be willing to apply for one through GSL Education
Benefits of working through GSL Education Hull:
- The chance to experience working life in local Schools, with the opportunities to gain fixed term or permanent contracts
- Fair and competitive daily rates of pay starting at £120 per day, with bi-weekly pay days
- Two dedicated Recruitment Consultants to offer support throughout your placement(s) and advice and guidance on your CV and interview techniques
- Holiday Pay and Pension Scheme contributions
To apply for the position of Teacher of English in Selby, please call Kerry Fowler at GSL Education Hull, or send your CV via the application link. Alternatively, please visit www.gsleducation.com to apply online.