Job descriptionEnglish Teacher
Main Pay Scale
“Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.” ― Mary Shelley, Frankenstein
Are you a passionate English Teacher looking for a new challenge ?
Or maybe an NQT who is just dying to teach Frankenstein?
GSL Education is working with a GOOD rated High School in Tameside who are seeking a creative and forward-thinking English Teacher for a position. The role is suitable for NQTs or experienced teachers looking to broaden their teaching experience. The role is initially offered on a temporary basis; however, a permanent contract will be considered for the right candidate.
About the School
· Situated in the heart of Tameside, with good transport links, this school supports pupils from ages 11 to 16.
· The school site has state of the art facilities with specialist rooms for all subjects.
· The successful English Teacher will work with a supportive and skilled English faculty.
· Regardless of experience, bespoke training and tailored CPD's are provided to all staff.
About the Role
· This "Good" High school is seeking a passionate English Teacher who holds QTS.
· Must be passionate about the subject of English and foster a love for reading, literature, and creative writing.
· Will be required to teach English KS3 and KS4 and use the AQA exam board.
· The school has a leading induction programme for NQT's and experienced English Teachers can benefit from ongoing professional development.
The successful candidate
· You will aspire to be an ‘Outstanding’ teacher in all aspects of the role.
· You will set high standards and stretch the ability of all pupils.
· You will be a team player that is willing to contribute to the overall success of the school.
· Will hold QTS or other UK recognised teaching qualification
· Will hold a current Enhanced DBS registered with the update service or be prepared to apply for a new one
· Be eligible to work in the UKr
To apply for this role please send your CV or call 0161 537 6500 for more information.
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All our roles are subject to the relevant checks and procedures.