Job descriptionSEN Teaching Assistant
GSL Education Hull’s newly-opened branch are seeking to employ a number of Special Needs Teaching Assistants to work within Secondary Schools, Alternative Provisions, Special Needs Schools and Colleges.
Salary: £65 - £75 per day
Start Date: January 2021 / February 2021
Location: Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire
Roles will begin and continue throughout the academic year, with the option for suitable candidates to go on to a fixed term, or permanent contract.
Job Roles available:
- 1:1 Support Assistant
- Autism (ASC) Support
- Behaviour Mentor
- Graduate Teaching Assistant
- General Teaching Assistant
- Special Needs Teaching Assistant
- Learning Mentor
- Learning Support Assistant
To be successful, you must:
- Have 6 months experience working in special needs as a Special Needs Teaching Assistant, Support Worker, Healthcare Assistant or Nursery Nurse
- Be knowledgeable on how to successfully manage behaviour linked to Autism, Mental Health Needs and Learning Difficulties
- Be able to quickly engage and build rapport with pupils
- Hold an Enhanced Child Workforce DBS registered to the Update Service, or be willing to complete one through GSL Education
- Be an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who leads by example
In return, GSL offer competitive rates of pay, a bespoke service, and dedicated Consultants who will support you in securing your new role. Whether you are at the start of your career in Education or are looking for a better work-life balance, rest assured we are here for you. As experienced Education Recruiters, we have helped hundreds of Candidates gain the relevant experience and training required to become Specialist Support Staff, Newly Qualified Teachers, Fully Qualified Teachers, Education Psychologists and even gain Senior Leadership appointments.
For more information on this role, please contact Kerry Fowler or Bekkie Barker at GSL Education Hull, or apply by sending your up to date CV through the application link.