Job descriptionWe are recruiting on behalf of a setting in the Central area of Newcastle upon Tyne and require an accomplished Key stage two specialist who has experience working with young learners who face behavioural challenge.
The setting is Ofsted rated "Good" and is widely considered to be one of the most forward thinking SEMH settings in the North East .
The ideal candidate will have the following essential skills
- A solid teaching background in Primary
- Experience within SEMH or ASD / ideally both
- The ability to demonstrate raising outcomes for learners with barriers to learning
- Strong Leadership skills ( The ability to direct a team of support assistants)
- Creativity and excellent lesson planning
- A calm, kind disposition - non-confrontational and the ability to de-escalate volatile situations
- Confidence in dealing with external bodies
- Great assessment ability
- Holds a UK Recognised Teaching Qualification
- Holds a current DBS Certificate
The role requires attendance 8.30am - 4.30pm Monday-Friday and there is the option to attend CPD and Twi-light sessions
It is expected to run for at least two terms
We welcome applications from NQTs
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All our roles are subject to relevant checks and procedures. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools.
For further information on this role or to apply, please do not hesitate to contact Joshua or Sarah at GSL Education.