Job descriptionPosition: SEMH Teaching Assistant (Secondary)
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: £78 - £95 per day
Time: 8.30 am – 3.30 pm
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of young individuals facing social, emotional, and mental health challenges? Do you possess the dedication and empathy to support students on their educational journey? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
GSL Education is currently looking for SEMH Teaching Assistants to join our client school in Newcastle. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a team of dedicated professionals who are committed to providing the best possible support to students with SEMH needs.
As an SEMH Teaching Assistant, the ideal candidate should have:
- Experience working with students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for making a positive difference in the lives of students
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Providing support to students with SEMH needs
- Helping students to develop their emotional literacy and resilience
- Assisting with the delivery of lessons and educational-based activities
- Liaising with educational professionals to ensure that EHCP outcomes are met
- Be available for work Monday to Friday
- ECT’s are welcome to apply
- Be proactive, energetic, kind and caring
- An enhanced DBS on the update service (or willing to go through the process with ourselves)
- A full checkable work history
At GSL we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All our roles are subject to relevant checks and procedures. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools. We offer competitive salaries, paid bi-weekly and a great candidate experience including regular contact from our team and a huge commitment for finding work that you want.
In addition to that, we are currently offering £100 for the successful referral of either Teachers or Teaching Assistants!
We offer a two-day Team Teach Qualification to Candidates who are booked for Long -term work in our schools. This is free of charge * (conditions apply) and places are limited!
For further information on this role or to apply, please do not hesitate to contact Alex Pounder at GSL Education