Job descriptionGeneral Teaching Assistant
Location: Welton, East Riding of Yorkshire
Salary: £75 to £90 per day
Start Date: ASAP/Easter 2023
Are you a passionate General Teaching Assistant looking for a new role?
GSL Education is looking for an enthusiastic General Teaching Assistant to work across client schools in Welton, East Riding of Yorkshire. This is a great opportunity to work alongside dedicated staff in our client schools, who are vibrant and welcoming in nature.
General Teaching Assistant responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing support on a 1:1 or small group basis, to help students overcome their barriers to learning.
- Providing a stimulating work environment for students with additional needs, including MSI, SLCN and ASC.
- Liaising with class teachers and the school SENCO to ensure EHCP outcomes are met.
- Attending relevant school meetings, briefings, and events.
- Liaising with parents, teachers, and external agencies to ensure social, emotional, and academic progress is made.
The successful General Teaching Assistant will:
- Possess a Teaching Assistant qualification (e.g. CACHE Level 2 or 3).
- Be energetic and eager to support teaching and learning.
- Be able to communicate well with students, colleagues and parents or carers.
- Have the right to work in the UK.
- Have an updated CV with an enhanced DBS.
GSL Education is an independent and ethical recruitment provider, supporting schools in the East Riding of Yorkshire area with their recruitment needs.
Please be advised that this role requires a strong knowledge and understanding of safeguarding and child protection and that successful applicants must satisfy all background safer recruitment checks including an enhanced DBS on the update service.
For more information or to register your interest for the position General Teaching Assistant in Welton, please click ‘apply now’ to submit your up-to-date CV, and one of our dedicated consultants, will be in touch.