Job descriptionRole: Autism Teaching Assistant
Salary: £70 – £90 per day
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract type: Full time roles
GSL Education is currently looking for Autism Teaching Assistants in Stockport. The role will entail supporting the class teachers and working with a variety of pupils, across different age ranges, within classes. As an Autism Teaching Assistant, in Stockport, you will be required to support learners with a range of additional special needs too. This may include Learning Difficulties, Speech & Language Communicational Needs, Moderate Learning Difficulties and SEMH needs. We welcome applicants who have a relevant qualification within Autism, to apply for the Autism Teaching Assistant role in Stockport, however proven experience without the qualification can be just as valuable.
The ideal Autism Teaching Assistant for Stockport will:
• Have experience working with students with Autism, Asperger and Challenging Behaviour.
• Ideally have previous experience with SEND in a school environment.
• Have experience of supporting someone with additional needs
• Be a confident, outgoing and personable individual with a passion for helping people.
• Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Be an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who leads by example
Please be advised that the role as an Autism Teaching Assistant, in Stockport requires a strong knowledge and understanding of Autism as well as safeguarding and child protection and that successful applicants must satisfy all background safer recruitment checks including an enhanced DBS on the update service.
Click the link to apply now for more information or submit your up-to-date CV (Please note – this will not commit you to an application for the role). For further information, please call Attiya Dar at GSL Education Manchester.