Job descriptionJob description
Role: Year 6 Teacher
Location: Selby, North Yorkshire
Salary: £110 – £130 per day
Start date: October 2022
Contract type: Full-time/Contractual basis
GSL Education Hull are searching for exceptional Primary Year 6 Teachers in Selby. The role will commence from October 2022 on a full-time contractual basis.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of your subjects within KS2 and especially for YR6
- To plan lessons and activities directly aimed at year 6 to meet pupils individual learning needs
- To use a range of appropriate strategies and follow school policies for teaching, behaviour management and classroom management
- To assess, monitor and record the progress of pupils in your teaching and give them clear and constructive feedback
- To report to parents and colleagues on progress and curriculum
- Guide year 6 pupils in the development of curiosity and knowledge
- Preparing and delivering interventions with SATS in mind
- Experience as a teacher is desirable.
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of Numeracy and English and also able to model the language clearly.
- Be able to maintain and develop relationships with parents and the wider community.
- QTS is a must.
Please be advised that this role requires a strong knowledge and understanding of safeguarding and child protection and that successful applicants must satisfy all background safer recruitment checks including an enhanced DBS on the update service.
Click the link to apply now for more information or submit your up-to-date CV (Please note – this will not commit you to an application for the role). For further information, please call Katie Lowis at GSL Education Hull.