Job descriptionEnglish Teacher
Start Date: September 2021
Salary: £120 to £150 per day*
GSL Education are looking to appoint a Fully Qualified Teacher of English to work within a Secondary school in Lincoln, from September 2021. As an English Teacher for GSL Education, you will be teaching GCSE pupils with social, emotional, and mental health needs.
Your main job role responsibilities will be to:
- Plan and deliver Functional Skills and GCSE English lessons.
- Tailor lessons to meet the individual needs of your pupils, accounting for additional needs such as learning difficulties and emotional needs.
- Have patience and understanding in stressful situations and can remain calm.
- Track pupil progress not only academically, but socially as well.
- Liaise with staff members to ensure the correct targeted intervention is put in place.
As the ideal English Teacher, you must:
- Have UK Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Be able to quickly engage and build rapport with pupils through creative learning.
- Hold an Enhanced Child Workforce DBS registered to the Update Service or be willing to complete one through GSL Education.
- Be effective at behaviour management linked to complex needs such as ASC, ADHD and SEMH.
- Be an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who leads by example.
To apply for the position of English Teacher from September, please call Kerry Fowler at GSL Education and submit your CV. Alternatively, please visit www.gsleducation.com to apply online.