Job descriptionSpecial Needs Teaching Assistant
Location: Scarborough, North Yorkshire
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: £65 to £80 per day*
GSL Education are recruiting for a Special Needs Teaching Assistant to work at a Special Needs School in Scarborough, starting immediately. This will either be a full-time or part-time position, and is suitable for experienced teaching assistants, health care assistants, support workers and graduates with a relevant degree.
The School is an inclusive education provider for 2- to 16-year-olds with a range of additional needs. They have over 100 students on roll, with more than 50% of students on the autistic spectrum.
With needs varying from moderate to severe, as the ideal candidate, you should:
- Have experience communicating via PECs or Makaton.
- Be comfortable delivering personal care when required.
- Have strong behaviour management skills and the ability to manage challenging situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Be an enthusiastic, passionate, and reliable member of staff, with a genuine passion for supporting vulnerable young people.
- Be knowledgeable about special needs and have experience of supporting those with autism.
- Have a child only enhanced DBS on the Update Service or be willing to make one.
GSL Education are a national, ethical education recruitment provider, that was born out of the creation and development of a number of charities and institutions in the UK and abroad. We are passionate about education and have ethical values which our clients and educators resound with. GSL Education is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all members of the community.
To apply for the role of Special Needs Teaching Assistant in Scarborough, please call Kerry Fowler at GSL Education and submit your CV via the application link. Alternatively, please visit www.gsleducation.com to apply online.