Job descriptionSEN Teaching Assistant - Autism support
GSL Education is looking to appoint an SEN Teaching Assistant to work at a wonderful primary school based in Leicester and to support individuals and small groups of autistic students to improve their learning.
The school caters to pupils aged 3-11 with various special education needs. The schools support pupils with complex needs including social, emotional, and behavioral problems and ASD. Pupils are keen to learn and the school has state-of-the-art resources including modern technology.
The SEN Teaching Assistant will work on 1:1 basis with young pupils who have Autism and challenging behavior. The pupils may present aggressive behaviour; therefore, the school are looking for someone who remains calm and has a caring manner to support the inclusion of the children into a mainstream class environment.
The chosen candidate must be able to completely commit to the role as continuity is key.
We are looking for individuals that are:
- Confident to ensure the child is working towards their target
- Able to deal with the child’s anxiety and other emotional struggles
- Dedicated, experienced and passionate about SEND
- Able to commit for the duration of the placement
- Creative and dynamic in their approach to teaching and learning whilst using effective behaviour management techniques.
- Honest and compassionate
- Happy to complete training to further develop their knowledge and understanding in education.
- DBS checked or happy to complete one
- Competitive rates
- CPD training
- Working alongside a supportive team
- Having a designated and committed consultant to support you through your role