Job descriptionRole: Special Needs School Cover Supervisor
Payscale: £70- £85 daily
We are looking to appoint a Special Needs Cover Supervisor to supervise whole classes or 1:1 during short-term/Long Term absence of teachers. You will play a vital role by ensuring that students continue to learn and make good progress on the occasions when their teacher is away from their class.
With the chance to work up to 5 days a week at a Secondary school based in Nottingham, this is an ideal role to kickstart your teaching career within the classroom. The role of a Cover Supervisor is an ever changing and exciting role where no day is the same making the role interesting and rewarding. If you are looking for the first part of your teaching journey and think you can work within Secondary school, we want to hear from you.
This specific school is looking for an ambitious individual who has had experience of supporting a range of special needs, ideally on a 1:1 basis.
What will you do?
- Delivers pre-planned work set by the class teacher may also have to adapt work given to support the 1:1 individual
- Manages behaviour/disruptive pupils effectively
- Keeps pupils on task at all times
- Keeps classrooms clean and tidy
- Reports any safeguarding issues to the relevant staff member
- Ideally degree level educated
- Experience working with secondary aged pupils
- The confidence to lead pupils on 1:1 and also in group activity
- The ability to follow instructions/safeguarding procedures
- Must have access to own transport
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
For more information on the role, school and how to apply, please contact Jeshma at GSL Education on 0116 478 8000.