Job descriptionSupport Workers required to support PMLD and Medical Requirements in an SEN Secondary School
PayScale: £65 - £70 a day
GSL Education are supporting the staffing requirements of an SEN Secondary School based in Nuneaton.
The school educates children who have a Special Educational Need or an Education and Health Care Plan. Children may have Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) or a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Some children have additional needs including visual impairment and hearing impairment and other medical requirements.
We are specifically seeking Teaching Assistants who have:
- Hoisting/manual handling training
- PMLD and Complex Needs experience
- Experience working with KS3 to KS5 children
- A current, enhanced CRB Disclosure
- A calm and approachable manner
- The ability to work as part of a team and also using your own initiative
- Ideally PECs, BSL, Makaton or TEACHH trained
- Experienced working with wheelchair users, physical requirements, communication difficulties, Autism and those who require specialised personal care.
- Level 2/ 3 – Teaching Assistant or Care Trained
If you have the correct skills and experience and you feel you have the right SEN knowledge and training to make a difference, we would love to hear from you.
The successful applicants will require an enhanced DBS and valid references.
To apply; Please provide an up-to-date CV that clearly outlines both your SEN and Education Experience.