Job descriptionLearning Support Assistant – SEND (ADHD / Autism)
April 2021 Start
£70 - £90 per day
GSL Education are working with a large mainstream primary school in Salford to recruit an LSA to work on a 1:1 basis with a pupil who has Autism and ADHD.
For this position you will need to be an experienced SEND Learning Support Assistant who is experienced in working with pupils who have statements of special educational needs and specific health issues.
This school reflects a passionate commitment to create a secure and stimulating environment where the students are encouraged to grow and develop within the caring inclusive ethos to reach their full potential. It is driven by the schools' desire to offer the best possible learning experiences for its pupils in partnership with parents and the local community.
The role is to work 1:1 with a pupil currently in KS1 who has Autism and ADHD with some speech and language difficulties. The school also have Bucket Therapy in place, so prior knowledge of this would also be a plus, however training will be given for the right candidate.
The Ideal Candidate
- Will hold a Level 3 Teaching & Learning Qualification or Childcare.
- An enhanced DBS registered with the update service or be prepared to apply for a new one.
- Have good experience of working with EHCP’s.
- Bucket Therapy experience would be beneficial although training will be given.
- PECS, Makaton or other communication tools would be advantageous.
- ICT literate including word processing, internet and intranet.
- To be willing to be flexible and adapt as priorities change throughout the year.
- To be innovative, creative and self-motivated.
To apply for the role please send CVs to Emma.Bowen@gsleducation.com or feel free to give the office a call on 0161 537 6500 for more details.
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All our roles are subject to the relevant checks and procedures.