Job descriptionData Officer
Salary: £31,731 - £33,474
Start Date: April 2021
Contract: 1 year
GSL Education is currently seeking to appoint a driven and conscientious Data Offcier to join one of our "Outstanding" Secondary schools in Camden. This is an one year role starting from September 2021.
The School is seeking a Data Officer who can provide professional management of the school’s information systems and work in partnership with teaching staff to support data systems for attaining excellence in standards of learning and achievement.
Data Officer Responsibilities:
- Develop and integrate the school’s data and Management Information Systems to provide the timely intelligence that supports the delivery of the school’s strategic objectives and also enables school improvement to be based on collated and objective data analysis.
- Facilitate and support the principles of a learning organization that maximizes access to relevant and timely information and data.
- Working closely and collaboratively with SLT, school staff and external partners to prepare internal and external reports, returns and handle the ad hoc enquiries in a timely, efficient and accurate fashion, so that deadlines and priorities are fully achieved.
- Working with the Senior Leader Lead on the school assessment data, leading on the maintenance of class data.
- In conjunction with the SLT lead for exams and the exams officer, to support the preparation, maintenance and communication of robust and compliant policies, procedures and protocols relating to the management of national and internal examinations, in accordance with best practice and regulatory frameworks. Liaise closely with staff and all JCQ and relevant awarding bodies to ensure the school fully complies with all requirements
Why Choose this school:
- Excellent student behaviour and highly supportive Senior Leadership Team.
- An achievement-oriented culture where students work hard, and it is cool to be smart.
- A warm/strict approach, meaning that our high standards do not come at the expense of inclusion.
- The belief that teaching must be a sustainable profession: clear systems and structures, a sensible approach to feedback and no ‘late-night culture’.
Successful Data Officer will:
- Have recognised relevant qualifications in ICT or data management and/or equivalent experience and training in a related environment.
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent (preferably in a relevant discipline)
- Have proven ability in the management of complex information systems and related processes (SIMS essential)
- Have proven experience in successfully developing, implementing and maintaining large, complex management information systems that deliver on the key business requirements
- Have sound Knowledge and experience of systems within a school or other educational environment
- Have detailed knowledge and practical experience of at least one of the key specialist areas of the service: School’s exam process, Attendance, assessment, Technical support, Cover supervision.
- Have evidence of ability to communicate potentially complex issues in an effective and clear style.
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving Teachers across Greater London. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools.
For more information on the role, school, and how to apply, please contact Taryn at GSL Education.