Job descriptionJob Title: Secondary Teacher – Geography
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Daily Rate: £90 – £150
Nature of Employment: Supply/Permanent/Contractual
Are you a passionate Geography Teacher looking to begin a new challenge? Or a Newly Qualified Teacher looking for your first placement?
GSL Education are actively seeking Geography Teachers to work within Secondary Schools and alternative provisions across Newcastle. With more than 17 years of experience, we have a wealth of knowledge and connections that we will use to help find a placement that suits you. Our rates are highly competitive and we have day-day, long-term and permanent contracts available around your requirements.
The prospective roles are suitable for Fully Qualified as well as Newly Qualified Teachers who are looking to complete their induction year. Jobs may become permanent for the right candidates.
Candidates will be expected to take on full teaching responsibilities including planning lessons, raising attainment, alongside communicating effectively with parents, carers, and other members of the staff.
- Relevant UK teaching qualification and/or holding QTS.
- Foreign qualified instructors assessed by NARIC are welcome to apply.
- Proven track record of raising attainment at GCSE level (FQTs only).
- Relevant teaching experience in a school setting for Years 9 to 12 is required
- Strongly committed to pupil welfare.
- In possession of an enhanced DBS, or be willing to apply for one through GSL Education.
- Willingness to attend twilight CPD and parent’s evenings when required.
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All our roles are subject to relevant checks and procedures. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools.
For further information on this role or to apply, please do not hesitate to contact Sarah at GSL Education.