Job descriptionPhysical Education Teacher
Location: Hull and The East Riding
Start Date: Easter 2021
Pay: £120 - £140 per day
Are you a qualified PE teacher, or newly qualified PE looking to secure a new role?
We are currently looking to recruit a number of PE teachers for supply and long-term placements across Hull and the East Riding. Salary is dependent on experience, training and qualification. You should be able to teach the theory and practical side of PE up to GCSE. If you can teach to A-Level, this would be advantageous, however not essential. As this is on a supply basis, you will be offered the opportunity to teach in Secondary Schools, alternative provisions and pupil referral units.
Applying for this position, you should:
- Specialise in PE
- Hold UK QTS through completing a BA/BSc Honours with QTS, a PGCE, or through a teaching programme such as SCITT, IIT or GTP
- Have recent experience teaching PE under the new GCSE marking scheme
- Be able to differentiate accordingly for Special Educational Needs such as Learning Difficulties, Autism and SEMH
- Be able to provide a 6 year career history with relevant reference details, including your 2 most recent employers
- Have a Child Only DBS registered to the update service, or be willing to apply for one through GSL Education
Benefits of working through GSL Education:
- The chance to experience working life in local Schools, with the opportunities to gain fixed term or permanent contracts
- Fair and competitive daily rates of pay starting at £120 per day, with bi-weekly pay days
- The choice of PAYE or pay via an umbrella company
- Two dedicated Recruitment Consultants to offer support throughout your placement(s) and advice and guidance on your CV and interview techniques
- Holiday Pay and Pension Scheme contributions
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
To apply for the position of Teacher of PE in Hull, please call Kerry Fowler or Bekkie Barker at GSL Education Hull, or send your CV via the application link.