Job descriptionJob Title: Sports Graduate – Teaching Assistant
Location: Tyne & Wear
Daily Rate: £65 – £85
Nature of Employment: Supply/Permanent/Contractual
Do you hold a Sport and Exercise Science Degree, or have experience as a Sports Coach? Are you looking to start a career within the Education sector, or simply looking for a new challenge in the New Year?
GSL Education is currently looking for Sports Graduate Teaching Assistants to work in mid and long-term placements from January 2021. With more than 17 years of experience, we have a wealth of knowledge and connections that we will use to help find a placement that suits you. Our rates are highly competitive and we have day-day, long-term and permanent contracts available around your requirements.
The offered role is suitable for Sports Graduates and Sports Coaches looking to work within Secondary Schools and alternative provisions across Tyne & Wear of Newcastle.
Interested candidates are required to have the following credentials –
- Prior experience in Sports Coaching.
- Provide 1:1 Support (if/when required) to Key Stage 3 and 4 pupils.
- Ex – Forces (preferred, but not obligatory).
- Function as Supply in the absence of Class Teachers, leading PE lessons and sporting activities.
- The ability to build rapport quickly and effectively.
- A flair for planning creative and effective lessons.
- Be flexible, conscientious and well-grounded with changing situations.
- Willingness to attend twilight CPD and parent’s evenings when required.
- Possess a current enhanced DBS check registered on the Update Service or be willing to apply and pay for a new one through us here at GSL.
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All our roles are subject to relevant checks and procedures. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools.
For further information on this role or to apply, please do not hesitate to contact Sarah at GSL Education.