Job descriptionSEMH Teaching Assistant Required
Daily Rate: £65 - £85 Per Day
Calling all Psychology Graduates, Youth Workers, Sports Coaches, Support Workers or if you are from a mentoring or behaviour specialist background then GSL have a job for you.
We are supporting various schools based in Leicester, with their staffing solutions in short term and long-term requirements. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference to pupils' lives and their experience of education, especially those who have become disengaged from education. The roles can either be part or full-time depending on your preferences.
GSL are seeking teaching assistants that are looking for an exciting new challenge working with students with emotional behavioural difficulties. We are looking for candidates with experience of working with children with emotional behavioural disorders (EBD), social-emotional mental health difficulties (SEMH) and other challenging behaviours. The correct candidate will be resilient; show initiative and have the potential to deliver outstanding outcomes.
The successful candidate must have:
• Excellent communication skills, the ability to use initiative and work well under pressure
• Recent experience with children with EBD, SEMH and other challenging behaviours
• Will have previous experience managing challenging behaviour in groups and or on a 1:1 basis
• Ideally Team Teach Trained (Not a necessity)
• Will have a Clear Enhanced DBS (Child Workforce/ Child and Adult Workforce) registered to the Update Service. – If you don’t already have a DBS, we can help you apply for one
If you are interested in this role then please contact Judith Barker at GSL Education.