Head of History (permanent role)
Pay Scale: £220-240 per day depending on experience
Required: September 2017
We are currently recruiting for a head of history for one of our mixed secondary schools based in East London. This role is to begin in September 2017 and will be a permanent role through the school. The school is set in a great location in Hackney with brand new facilities, and they are now looking for a strong history hubject Leader to lead and inspire fellow teachers in this subject.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified history teacher (ideally PGCE, GTP, B'ed, Cert Ed, BA with QTS).
- Demonstrate two years' recent experience as a Head of History or with leadership responsibilities.
- Be proven to raise and maintain attainment levels, keeping standards high.
- Be an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who leads by example both with students and other staff.
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills with excellent behaviour management strategies.
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving Teachers across Greater London. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools.
We welcome applications from all teachers who feel that they can add value to this school and whom can prosper in a highly effective, fast-paced environment. Candidates wishing to apply are requested to forward a copy of their CV to our Education Consultant, Taryn Hoeben, as soon as possible.